By Govind Agrawal
* the one publication describing functions of nonlinear fiber optics * new chapters at the most up-to-date advancements: hugely nonlinear fibers and quantum functions * assurance of biomedical functions * difficulties supplied on the finish of every bankruptcy the advance of latest hugely nonlinear fibers - often called microstructured fibers, holey fibers and photonic crystal fibers - is the following iteration expertise for all-optical sign processing and biomedical purposes. This new version has been completely up to date to include those key know-how advancements. The publication offers sound assurance of the basics of lightwave expertise, in addition to fabric on pulse compression thoughts and rare-earth-doped fiber amplifiers and lasers. The largely revised chapters comprise details on fiber-optic verbal exchange platforms and the ultrafast sign processing concepts that utilize nonlinear phenomena in optical fibers. New fabric makes a speciality of the purposes of hugely nonlinear fibers in components starting from wavelength laser tuning and nonlinear spectroscopy to biomedical imaging and frequency metrology. applied sciences corresponding to quantum cryptography, quantum computing, and quantum communications also are coated in a brand new bankruptcy. This publication may be a fantastic reference for: R&D engineers engaged on constructing subsequent iteration optical elements; scientists concerned with examine on fiber amplifiers and lasers; graduate scholars and researchers operating within the fields of optical communications and quantum details. * the one publication on easy methods to boost nonlinear fiber optic purposes * new chapters at the most up-to-date advancements; hugely Nonlinear Fibers and Quantum purposes * assurance of biomedical functions
Read Online or Download Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series) PDF
Similar optics books
Within the fourty-six years that experience passed by because the first quantity of growth in Optics used to be released, optics has develop into some of the most dynamic fields of technology. The volumes during this sequence that have seemed in past times include greater than three hundred evaluate articles via individual study staff, that have turn into everlasting documents for lots of very important advancements.
Written through major specialists within the box, this booklet is a examine monograph on Fresnel sector antennas. Readers will discover a wealth of novel antenna configurations, first-hand experimental effects, and quite a few equations.
The papers during this quantity conceal the most important parts of analysis task within the box of ultrafast optics this day, they usually were chosen to supply an outline of the present state-of-the-art. The purview of the sector is the tools for the new release, amplification, and characterization of electromagnetic pulses with intervals from the pieo-to the attosecond variety, in addition to the technical concerns surrounding the applying of those pulses in physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Applied optics and optical engineering,Vol.X
- Nano Optics and Atomics: Transport of Light and Matter Waves - Volume 173 International School of Physics ''Enrico Fermi'' (Proceedings of the International School of Physics)
- Optics in Biomedical Sciences: Proceedings of the International Conference, Graz, Austria, September 7–11, 1981
- Practical optical system layout and use of stock lenses
- Optics, Light and Lasers
- Field guide to polarization
Additional resources for Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series)
The grating was designed to have a band structure such that it reﬂected every fourth spectral peak of the input spectrum. 7. Related Periodic Structures 45 indeﬁnitely under normal operating conditions. In contrast, a dynamic or transient grating is formed when the index changes are induced by pumping the ﬁber optically and last only as long as the pump light remains incident on the ﬁber. Such ﬁber gratings were ﬁrst studied in 1992 and have remained an active topic of research since then –.
47] M. C. Farries, K. Sugden, D. C. J. Reid, I. Bennion, A. Molony, and M. J. Goodwin, Electron. Lett. 30, 891 (1994).  R. Kashyap, Fiber Bragg Gratings (Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1999).  A. Othonos and K. Kalli, Fiber Bragg Gratings: Fundamentals and Applications in Telecommunications and Sensing (Artec House, Boston, 1999).  M. N. Zervas, Fiber Bragg Gratings for Optical Fiber Communications (Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, 2001).  P. N. Butcher and D. Cotter, Elements of Nonlinear Optics (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1990), p.
O. Kompanets, Opt. Express 12, 5996 (2004). S. A. Slattery, D. N. Nikogosyan, and G. Brambilla, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 22, 354 (2005). P. St. J. Russell, J. Mod. Opt. 38, 1599 (1991). H. A. Haus, Waves and Fields in Optoelectronics (Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1984). D. Marcuse, Theory of Dielectric Optical Waveguides (Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1991). A. Yariv, Optical Electronics in Modern Communications, 5th ed. (Oxford University Press, New York, 1997). G. P. Agrawal and N. K. Dutta, Semiconductor Lasers, 2nd ed.