By Tilmann Rabl, Kai Sachs, Meikel Poess, Chaitanya Baru, Hans-Arno Jacobson
This e-book constitutes the completely refereed post-workshop court cases of the fifth overseas Workshop on large facts Benchmarking, WBDB 2014, held in Potsdam, Germany, in August 2014.
The thirteen papers offered during this publication have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from a variety of submissions and canopy subject matters resembling benchmarks necessities and suggestions, Hadoop and MapReduce - within the diverse context comparable to virtualization and cloud - in addition to in-memory, information iteration, and graphs.
Read or Download Big Data Benchmarking: 5th International Workshop, WBDB 2014, Potsdam, Germany, August 5-6- 2014, Revised Selected Papers PDF
Best data mining books
The complexity and sensitivity of recent commercial techniques and platforms more and more require adaptable complicated keep watch over protocols. those controllers need to be in a position to care for conditions challenging ГґjudgementГ¶ instead of easy Гґyes/noГ¶, Гґon/offГ¶ responses, conditions the place an obscure linguistic description is frequently extra correct than a cut-and-dried numerical one.
This e-book constitutes the refereed complaints of the thirteenth foreign convention on computer studying and Cybernetics, Lanzhou, China, in July 2014. The forty five revised complete papers provided have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 421 submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on type and semi-supervised studying; clustering and kernel; program to attractiveness; sampling and massive information; program to detection; selection tree studying; studying and version; similarity and selection making; studying with uncertainty; stronger studying algorithms and purposes.
This textbook offers readers with the instruments, thoughts and instances required to excel with sleek man made intelligence tools. those include the family members of neural networks, fuzzy platforms and evolutionary computing as well as different fields inside of laptop studying, and may assist in selecting, visualizing, classifying and studying information to help enterprise judgements.
Information Mining with R: studying with Case reports, moment version makes use of useful examples to demonstrate the ability of R and knowledge mining. supplying an in depth replace to the best-selling first variation, this re-creation is split into elements. the 1st half will characteristic introductory fabric, together with a brand new bankruptcy that gives an advent to information mining, to enrich the already present advent to R.
- Research and Development in Intelligent Systems XXV: Proceedings of AI-2008, The Twenty-eighth SGAI International Conference on Innovative Techniques ... of Artificial Intelligence
- Multi-objective evolutionary algorithms for knowledge discovery from databases
- Computational Business Analytics
- Understanding Information Retrieval Systems: Management, Types, and Standards
- The Value of Social Media for Predicting Stock Returns: Preconditions, Instruments and Performance Analysis
Extra info for Big Data Benchmarking: 5th International Workshop, WBDB 2014, Potsdam, Germany, August 5-6- 2014, Revised Selected Papers
This simulates the business requirement to achieve both good performance and low costs. The proposed benchmark targets a multitude of diﬀerent systems, from classical RDBMSs to MapReduce-based systems such as Apache Hive. Contestants c Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015 T. Rabl et al. ): WBDB 2014, LNCS 8991, pp. 37–44, 2015. 1007/978-3-319-20233-4 5 38 D. Vorona et al. Fig. 1. Business Scenario: Grow cluster as workload grows to ensure performance. Shrink cluster when possible to save costs.
2 Related Work A number of benchmark proposals aim to compare RDBMSs and NoSQL data stores with speciﬁc focus on scalability on modern distributed architectures. The Yahoo Cloud Serving Benchmark (YCSB)  is widely regarded as the leading benchmark in this area. While the YCSB describes a simple transactional workload rather than an analytical one, it speciﬁes metrics applicable to a wide range of benchmarks for distributed systems. The authors of  present a general framework to evaluate the costs of sub-optimal elasticity using predeﬁned demand curves.
3. Measurement-to-reference-time quotients for growth phases. The results have conﬁrmed our intuition about the elasticity behavior of the tested system. The quotients of the query times of measurement and reference parts are presented in the Fig. 3. The performance of the newly added clients is poor at the beginning and subsequently stabilizes in the course of the execution. Additionally, the elastic overhead is extended by the start-up time of the workers, as well as initial connection times of the new clients.