By Daniel L. Segal, Andrea June, Meghan A. Marty (auth.), Daniel L. Segal, Michel Hersen (eds.)
A cornerstone of the pro courting and an essential prerequisite to therapy, the diagnostic interview units the tone for the remedy to come back. it could possibly even be a resource of tension for starting practitioners—and even for tested ones operating in new settings or with surprising populations.
This Fourth variation of Diagnostic Interviewing breaks down the interview strategy over quite a lot of consumers and difficulties, making a effortless sensible advisor for starting clinicians and a useful resource of data for extra pro therapists. thoroughly revised and up-to-date to mirror diagnostic criteria in line with the DSM-IV-TR and the most recent options in concept and perform, the publication deals a wealth of worthy interviewing ways and strategies, and emphasizes the uniqueness of every purchaser. The layout of the sooner variations has been retained, with descriptions of the problems, case illustrations, strategies for overview, standardized interview codecs, dialogue of sociocultural issues, and different pertinent details. Readers should be in a position to technique the scientific artwork in addition to the technology of scientific and diagnostic interviewing with better talents and confidence.
Highlights of the coverage:
- Interviewing options, rapport construction, and the position of empathy.
- The psychological prestige examination.
- Consideration of neuropsychological elements in interviewing.
- Dealing with interviewee defenses and defensiveness.
- Specific problems, together with nervousness problems, temper problems, character problems, consuming problems, substance abuse, PTSD, and schizophrenia.
- Special populations, together with marital dyads, abused youngsters, undefined, and older adults.
As with its predecessors, this ebook is a relied on source for all psychologists, psychiatrists, and different practitioners utilizing the interviewing strategy in diagnosing consumers. also, Diagnostic Interviewing, Fourth Edition, additionally serves as a bedrock textual content for the teacher and the student.