By Donna D. Ignatavicius MS RN ANEF, Chris Winkelman RN PhD CCRN ACNP
The easy-to-use Clinical significant other for Ignatavicius and Workman’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8th Edition, is an A-Z advisor to greater than 250 universal medical-surgical stipulations and their administration. Written in a reader-friendly, direct-address kind, this source is a handy software so that you can hold with you on scientific days. Now equipped in a streamlined collaborative care structure, entire with new QSEN highlights and a reorganized strategies in Medical-Surgical Nursing part, it is going to speedy turn into your most sensible bedside reference.
- A-Z synopses of greater than 250 illnesses and disorders , in addition to similar collaborative care, function either a brief reference for scientific days and a research source for diseases/disorders and comparable collaborative care.
- Consistent collaborative care format mirrors the assurance supplied within the Ignatavicius & Workman textbook to extra successfully organize scholars for scientific days.
- UNIQUE! Nursing protection Priorities toughen serious protection measures on the bedside and mirror these within the Ignatavicius & Workman textual content: Drug Alert, severe Rescue, and motion Alert.
- Special Considerations highlights name scholars' realization to special features of nursing care, reminiscent of Genetic/Genomic concerns, issues for Older Adults, Gender future health issues, and Cultural concerns.
- A Concepts of Medical-Surgical Nursing part (Part One) encompasses a NEW! idea on fluid and electrolyte stability, displays the emphasis on options from Giddens’ Concepts of Nursing perform, and provides students with an realizing of crucial thoughts wanted for potent nursing perform.
- A-Z revealed thumb tabs seem alongside the sides of the pages to facilitate easy accessibility to scientific info for just-in-time studying and reference on the bedside.
- 8 quick-reference appendices supply need-to-know, quick-reference assurance of universal and a few much less standard scientific topics.
- NEW! up-to-date content material matches the eighth version of the Ignatavicius & Workman textbook for a reliably seamless reference and learn adventure.
- NEW! Streamlined collaborative care structure helps you concentration extra successfully on nursing care priorities.
- NEW! QSEN highlights every one concentrate on a number of of the six middle QSEN skills (Patient-Centered Care, Teamwork & Collaboration, Evidence-Based perform, caliber development, protection, and Informatics) that can assist you know how to use QSEN advantage for secure sufferer care.
Read Online or Download Clinical Companion for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8e PDF
Best nursing books
Be ready for first relief care and survival in any setting-at domestic, at the street, outside, whereas boating, mountain climbing, or camping out. From appearing CPR on an grownup, baby, or child to facing bleeding and surprise, cuts and damaged bones, center assaults, emergency childbirth, poisoning, drowning, scuba diving mishaps, desert survival, and usual mess ups corresponding to tornadoes, wildfires, floods, and earthquakes.
Bringing jointly favourite researchers and practitioners, this authoritative quantity describes major fresh advances in figuring out and treating nervousness which are grounded in emotional processing idea and the seminal paintings of Edna Foa. present etiological views are defined; powerful evaluate methods mentioned; and demanding findings provided at the advantages of cognitive-behavioral cures, pharmacotherapy, and mixed remedies.
Real-world strategies to nurse administration matters in contrast to different books at the topic, Nurse to Nurse: Nursing administration is going past conception and educational dialogue to supply real-world suggestions to the administration difficulties nurse managers face at the present time. Written by way of a first-rate Nursing Officer with 20 years of hands-on event, this moveable, and easy textual content contains real-life case stories and algorithms to help the decision-making strategy.
The authors of this assessment handbook have captured all the components of simulation from constructing the ambitions of simulated studying reviews, to developing eventualities, to debriefing scholars and the simulation group, to assessing and comparing the educational that has amassed. they've got additionally defined the diversity of simulation suggestions and the contexts for his or her most excellent use.
- Psychology for Nurses and Health Professionals, Second Edition
- Handbook for Synthesizing Qualitative Research
- Charting: An Incredibly Easy! Pocket Guide
- Leadership for nursing and allied health professions
- Disease & Drug Consult: Cardiovascular Disorders
Extra resources for Clinical Companion for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8e
Similarly, Alsen, Brink, Persson, Brandstrom, and Karlson (2010) found that patients’ illness perceptions Introduction influenced health outcomes after myocardial infarction. Broadbent, Ellis, Thomas, Gamble, and Petrie (2009) indicate that a brief in-hospital illness perception intervention changed perceptions and improved rates of return to work in patients with myocardial infarction. In a sample of clients with atrial fibrillation, patients’ perceptions about their symptoms and medication at diagnosis affected their healthrelated quality of life (Lane, Langman, Lip, & Nouwen, 2009).
The cost of cancer. gov/ aboutnci/servingpeople/cancer-statistics/costofcancer/ Porter-O’Grady, T. (2006). A new age for practice: Creating the framework for evidence. In K. Malloch & T. ), Introduction to evidencebased practice in nursing and health care. Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett. Price, B. (1996). Illness careers: The chronic illness experience. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 24, 275–279. Rhoades, J. , & Cohen, S. B. (2007). S. population under age 65 (Statistical Brief #183). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Loeb, J. M. (2011). The ongoing quality improvement journey: Next stop, high reliability. Health Affairs, 30(4), 559–568. Cochrane, A. L. (1971). Effectiveness and efficiency: Random reflections on health services. London: Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust. , & Lubkin, I. (1995). What is chronicity? In I. ). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett. Emanuel, E. (1982). We are all chronic patients. Journal of Chronic Diseases, 35, 501–502. Federal Interagency Forum on Aging-Related Statistics. (2010).